Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Big 4's

Well our family has had a few big 4's this year. Firstly, Sierra turned 4. Her actual birthdate was relatively uneventful but we plan to have a big party on one of the few free Saturdays coming up. Secondly, I turned 40--aaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!! I really don't know what that means, but I have been feeling a bit older these days. Thirdly, the girls have had 4 nasty gashes between the 2 of them. Both got a dog bite each, which required medical attention and both hit something sharp enough to cut open their foreheads, which required medical attention. And fourthly, (boy wouldn't it be great if there was a fourth thing).

Anyway, Here are a few recent pics of the Fabulous 4. Happy to be associated with them.

McKinley is still experiencing the terrible 2's and now that she is 2, it is reaching it's climax (and we hope it will tapper off soon).











Sierra recently mastered the art of hiding. Her and Chaz were playing Hide'n'Seek while the typical active afternoon routine was going on at the house. She hid so well that Chaz eventually got distracted and forgot all about her. She hid in such a comfy spot that she fell asleep. As the afternoon wore on, Tia noticed that Sierra wasn't around. A mild search began, followed shortly by a frantic search, followed by a panic, followed by a phone call to the police. Three police officers showed up shortly after I did and searched the house as well. After Tia's many searches, my searches, and the 3 police officers searches it began to seem like horrible things were possible. We quickly said a very fervent prayer and began making some phone calls. Grandma Jo-Jo was finally contacted and said she remembered seeing Chaz and Sierra playing by the couch. Tia ordered Evyt to quickly strip the couch, and viola!, there she was, sound asleep under several cushions. WHEW!!!

Not a very recent pic. Chaz has been making some head way in school (thank goodness) and will probably really excell when they start offering engineering courses to him and/or sports.


Evyt is heartily whipping the pants off everyone in Math, seems he has a way with numbers. Only obstacle in Evyt's life is his love of day-dreaming. I would love to help him channel all that creativity, it could financially benefit me (boy is that selfish). He really is a great kid.

Anyway, that's all I have time for today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

What a great post! I about died when I heard about Sierra in the couch!!! I am so glad she was found and was okay!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, it has been forever since I have seen you guys, do you even remember me? Thanks for letting me visit your blog, well I guess you didn't have a choice :) but it sure was fun to see what you are up to!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger i said...

Hey snows!?!? I love to see pics of the kids. They are so cute...I bet I won't post many blogs when I have four kids! They are so cute. I like how you mentioned that at least she's cute considering...the other not so fun stuff. Boy do I relate. I'm glad my kids are cute too...makes the other stuff more bearable! I hope you guys are doing well!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home